“The heart of the lightsaber, the crystal is.” – Master Yoda
Hello and welcome to my brand new blog! I am certain that I’m going to shock my friends and family as I reveal that this site will be dedicated to all things Star Wars. No? I suppose it’s no secret that I’ve been obsessed with the franchise since I was very young. With my mind being so full of GFFA (galaxy far, far away) stuff, and there being a brand new film right around the corner, I figured it was well past time to start this.
First off, I’m sure you’re thinking “what the heck is up with the name of your blog?” I was struggling to find a name that was both alliterative and somewhat clever. I may or may not have succeeded. I’ll let the readers decide, but I personally like it.
The first word–kyber–comes from the crystals that rest in the hilt of every Jedi’s lightsaber. The kyber crystal focuses energy from the power cell and shapes it into the deadly, humming plasma blade that we all know and love. (Note: As this is an introduction post, I’ll have to cover lightsabers and their crystals more in the future.) The second word of my title (cogitation) is defined by deep thinking or contemplation. Not a common word, but it worked.
tl;dr Star Wars is at the heart of my writings much like the titular crystals form the “heart” of a lightsaber. It made sense to me, I promise!
Just a few miscellaneous notes:
- I will be covering a lot of topics here. The Star Wars universe is massive and it’s comprised of the six films(soon to be nine – not counting spinoffs like Rogue One), comics, video games, novels, etc.
- I will be drawing on my sizable knowledge of both Legends and Story Group canon in my future topics. For those who aren’t in the know, Legends is the new title Lucasfilm chose to refer to the old Expanded Universe. Basically, anything before the April 2014 announcement (except for the films and The Clone Wars TV series) is not considered canon. Everything after that date (books, comics, games, television) is overseen by a Story Group before it is published and considered to be just as official as the movies. http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page
- I will be discussing prequel content (Episodes I-III) from time to time. That might annoy some people and I understand those films are very divisive. I personally don’t consider them great films, but they are canon and they did help create one of my favorite TV shows (The Clone Wars).
- I consume a lot of comics and novels. I also watch the current TV show Rebels every week. I will try my hardest to avoid spoilers, but I’m only human. If I deem something to be a major plot point, I will preface it with a warning.
- I’ll try my hardest to update this blog as often as possible. I am a new parent and have work and school responsibilities, but I will not neglect this space.
That’s basically it. I just want a place where I can have fun unleashing my inner SW geek. Hopefully, my readers can share in some of that sentiment as we move ever closer to the release of The Force Awakens.
Major props to my wife for her help in setting this up!
Thank you for reading. May the Force be with you!
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.